In Stock –
S&S 509 Gear Drive Touring Cam Kit
The 509 Touring Cam is designed as a bolt-in, high torque cam. 180 psi cranking compression, no need for compression releases. For 88 CID engines with stock compression ratio. Idle-4500 rpm.
Can be used with stock valve springs.
It's no surprise that the S&S 551 cams for Harley-Davidson bikes have become a favorite with late model riders. The only problem is that, due to the .550" lift, the 551 cams can't be installed in 1999-2004 Twin Cam 88 engines without also installing a set of high lift valve springs. That means that the heads would have to come off just to install a cam. That's a lot of work and added expense!
Based on the success of the 551 cams, S&S has come up with 509 bolt-in torque cams that work with stock valve springs in 1999-2004 engines. Like the S&S 551 cams, the 509 cams are great for low and midrange torque, but the 509 cam's lower lift allows them to be bolted into stock 1999-2004 engines with stock valve springs. That saves a lot of time and money on the installation, which makes the S&S 509 a lot more attractive to owners of older Twin Cam 88 powered bikes. The 509 cam also works great 2005-2006 Twin Cam 88 engines.
|Country of Origin||USA|
|Exhaust Duration||237 degrees|
|Exhaust Lift||.140 in.|
|Exhaust Lobe Center||107.5 degrees|
|Exhaust Timing (Close)||11 degrees|
|Exhaust Timing (Open)||46 degrees|
|Intake Duration||216 degrees|
|Intake Lift||.174 in.|
|Intake Lobe Center||90 degrees|
|Intake Timing (Close)||18 degrees|
|Intake Timing (Open)||18 degrees|
|Valve Lift||.509 in.|
Fitment is guaranteed or your money back plus free return shipping. Don't waste time installing a product that doesn't fit. We worked hard ensuring that this product is an exact fit on the vehicles listed below.
- FLHR Road King 1999-2006
- FLHRCI Road King Classic 1999-2006
- FLHRI Road King 1999-2006
- FLHRS Road King Custom 2004-2006
- FLHRSEI2 CVO Road King 2 2003
- FLHRSEI CVO Road King 2002
- FLHRSI Road King Custom 2004-2006
- FLHT Electra Glide Standard 1999-2006
- FLHTC Electra Glide Classic 1999-2005
- FLHTCI Electra Glide Classic 1999-2006
- FLHTCSE2 CVO Electra Glide 2005
- FLHTCSE CVO Electra Glide 2004
- FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide 1999-2006
- FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide 1999-2006
- FLHTCUSE CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide 2006
- FLHTI Electra Glide Standard 2003-2006
- FLHX Street Glide 2006
- FLHXI Street Glide 2006
- FLST Heritage Softail 2006
- FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic 1999-2006
- FLSTCI Heritage Softail Classic 2001-2006
- FLSTF Softail Fat Boy 1999-2006
- FLSTFI Softail Fat Boy 2001-2006
- FLSTFSE2 CVO Fat Boy 2006
- FLSTFSE CVO Fat Boy 2005
- FLSTI Heritage Softail 2006
- FLSTN Softail Deluxe 2005-2006
- FLSTNI Softail Deluxe 2005-2006
- FLSTS Heritage Springer Softail 1999-2003
- FLSTSC Softail Springer Classic 2005-2006
- FLSTSCI Softail Springer Classic 2005-2006
- FLSTSI Heritage Springer Softail 2001-2003
- FLTR Road Glide 1999-2002
- FLTRI Road Glide 1999-2006
- FLTRSEI2 CVO Road Glide 2 2001
- FLTRSEI CVO Road Glide 2000
- FXD Dyna Super Glide 1999-2005
- FXDC Dyna Super Glide Custom 2005
- FXDCI Dyna Super Glide Custom 2005
- FXDI Dyna Super Glide 2004-2005
- FXDL Dyna Low Rider 1999-2005
- FXDLI Dyna Low Rider 2004-2005
- FXDS-CONV Dyna Super Glide Convertible 1999-2000
- FXDWG2 CVO Dyna 2001
- FXDWG3 CVO Dyna 2002
- FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide 1999-2005
- FXDWGI Dyna Wide Glide 2004-2005
- FXDX Dyna Super Glide Sport 1999-2005
- FXDXI Dyna Super Glide Sport 2004-2005
- FXDXT Dyna Super Glide T-Sport 2001-2003
- FXST Softail Standard 1999-2006
- FXSTB Softail Night Train 1999-2006
- FXSTBI Softail Night Train 2001-2006
- FXSTC Softail Custom 1999
- FXSTD Softail Deuce 2000-2006
- FXSTDI Softail Deuce 2001-2006
- FXSTDSE2 CVO Softail Deuce 2004
- FXSTDSE CVO Softail Deuce 2003
- FXSTI Softail Standard 2001-2006
- FXSTS Springer Softail 1999-2006
- FXSTSI Springer Softail 2001-2006
Questions & Answers
What else will i need with 509 gear cam plate.i know adujustabl push rods but will i need a new cam plate also for gears
If your machine is equipped with a gear-driven cam, this unit would go right in. Mind you, if the pinion shaft run out on the cam plate is more than .003" - you're going to need a new cam plate. If your machine isn't equipped with a gear driven cam, however, you can get the same performance benefits without the need to do a cam gear conversion with an S&S 509 Chain Drive Touring Cam Kit.
Will this cam kit work with the stock '00 cam position sensor?
These cams from S&S will indeed work with the OEM cam position sensor on any machine you select from our fit guide.
So if my pinion runout is good can I use the stock cam plate?
If OEM runout is good, then you have no worries there, either. You can certainly use the stock cam plate.
Is this the complete conversion kit from chain to gear?
This kit comes with just about everything you need to convert your machine to a gear-driven cam setup. About the only thing that's not included, but a good idea to install along with the new cams, is an S&S Adjustable Pushrod Conversion Kit. Between the pushrods and the gear drive kit, you'll have everything you need to service a stock engine.