In Stock –
Cobra Fi2000R Closed-Loop Fuel Controller
Nearly every Cruiser motorcycle can benefit with the installation of the Fi2000R. Better throttle response, no backfiring, and smoother cruising are just a few of the areas improved by the Fi2000. When your engine has the proper air/fuel ratio metered to it, it can perform to its potential, run cooler and be a much more satisfying ride. The Fi2000 comes preset for your specific model. It is also set for your bike equipped with an aftermarket exhaust system. This setting will enhance the performance of the entirely stock bike as well. If you add a high-flow air filter system, you can quickly adjust your particular model because each comes with detailed instructions for making fine tuning adjustments.
- The Fi2000 increases horsepower and torque by optimizing stock lean air/fuel ratios (helps cool the engine temperature as well)
- No confusing computer downloads to install
- Pre-configured from the factory for your bike and model, but easy to adjust should your specific application need it
- Closed-loop design works on exhausts systems equipped with an oxygen sensor
- Easy to understand instructions included with each kit
- Made in the USA
Product Note: For US models only. Closed-loop design works with all exhaust systems equipped with oxygen sensor.
|Country of Origin||USA|
|EFI Type||Closed Loop|
Fitment is guaranteed or your money back plus free return shipping. Don't waste time installing a product that doesn't fit. We worked hard ensuring that this product is an exact fit on the vehicles listed below.
- FLD Dyna Switchback 2012-2016
- FLHR Road King 2007-2016
- FLHRC Road King Classic 2007-2013
- FLHRS Road King Custom 2007
- FLHT Electra Glide Standard 2007-2009
- FLHTC Electra Glide Classic 2007-2013
- FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide 2007-2016
- FLHTK Electra Glide Ultra Limited 2010-2016
- FLHX Street Glide 2007-2016
- FLHXS Street Glide Special 2014-2016
- FLS Softail Slim 2012-2014
- FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic 2007-2014
- FLSTF Softail Fat Boy 2007-2014
- FLSTFB Softail Fat Boy Lo 2010-2015
- FLSTN Softail Deluxe 2007-2014
- FLSTSB Softail Cross Bones 2008-2011
- FLSTSC Softail Springer Classic 2007
- FLSTSE2 CVO Softail Convertible 2011
- FLSTSE3 CVO Softail Convertible 2012
- FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible 2010
- FLTR Road Glide 2007-2009
- FLTRU Road Glide Ultra 2011-2013, 2016
- FLTRX Road Glide 2015-2016
- FLTRX Road Glide Custom 2010-2013
- FLTRXS Road Glide Special 2015-2016
- FXCW Softail Rocker 2008-2009
- FXCWC Softail Rocker C 2008-2011
- FXD Dyna Super Glide 2007-2010
- FXDB Dyna Street Bob 2007-2016
- FXDBI Dyna Street Bob 2006
- FXDC Dyna Super Glide Custom 2007-2014
- FXDCI Dyna Super Glide Custom 2006
- FXDF Dyna Fat Bob 2008-2016
- FXDI35 35th Anniversary Dyna Super Glide 2006
- FXDI Dyna Super Glide 2006
- FXDL Dyna Low Rider 2007-2009
- FXDLI Dyna Low Rider 2006
- FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide 2007-2008, 2010-2016
- FXDWGI Dyna Wide Glide 2006
- FXS Softail Blackline 2011-2013
- FXSB Softail Breakout 2013-2015
- FXST Softail Standard 2007
- FXSTB Softail Night Train 2007-2009
- FXSTC Softail Custom 2007-2010
- FXSTD Softail Deuce 2007
- XL50 50th Anniversary Sportster 2007
- XL883 Sportster 883 2007-2009
- XL883C Sportster 883 Custom 2007-2010
- XL883L Sportster 883 Low 2007-2010
- XL883L Sportster SuperLow 2011-2017
- XL883N Sportster Iron 883 2009-2017
- XL883R Sportster 883R 2007-2010
- XL1200C Sportster 1200 Custom 2007-2017
- XL1200L Sportster 1200 Low 2007-2011
- XL1200N Sportster 1200 Nightster 2007-2012
- XL1200R Sportster 1200 Roadster 2007-2008
- XL1200T Sportster SuperLow 2014-2016
- XL1200V Sportster Seventy-Two 2012-2013
- XL1200X Sportster Forty-Eight 2010-2017
- VL800 Boulevard C50 2009
- XV1700A Road Star 1700 2008-2009
- XV1700AS Road Star 1700 S 2008-2014
- XV1700AT Road Star 1700 Silverado 2008-2010
- XV1700ATS Road Star 1700 Silverado S 2008-2014
- XV1900 Roadliner 2006-2007
- XV1900C Raider 2008-2016
- XV1900C Raider SCL 2012-2014
- XV1900CF Raider Bullet Cowl 2015
- XV1900CS Raider S 2008-2015
- XV1900CT Stratoliner 2006-2007, 2009
- XV1900CT Stratoliner Deluxe 2010-2012, 2014
- XV1900CTM Stratoliner Midnight 2006-2008
- XV1900CTS Stratoliner S 2006-2010, 2012-2014
- XV1900M Roadliner Midnight 2006-2009
- XV1900S Roadliner S 2006-2010, 2012-2014
- XVS950 V-Star 950 2009-2015
- XVS950C Bolt 2014-2017
- XVS950C Bolt C-Spec 2015-2016
- XVS950C Bolt R-Spec 2014-2017
- XVS950CT V-Star 950 Tourer 2009-2017
- XVS1300A V-Star 1300 2007-2009, 2011-2014
- XVS1300C Stryker 2011-2017
- XVS1300CFG Stryker Bullet Cowl 2015-2016
- XVS1300CT V-Star 1300 Tourer 2007-2014
Questions & Answers
Will this work on my 09 cross bones if i use cobra slip on strait shots and a cobra air cleaner?
Yes, the Cobra Fi2000R will fit your 2009 Harley Softail Crossbones. Considering the configuration you have, it'll do nicely with getting the most out of those Cobra accessories. The included instructions also have a recommended starting point for tuning your bike for the air cleaner and exhaust you already have installed on your bike. In fact, those settings were tested on a Softail using a Cobra air cleaner and Cobra exhaust!
Will it work on 2016 street bob with air cleaner and thunderheader
So long as the Thunderheader you have retains the OEM oxygen sensors, then yes, you should have no problem fitting this system to your machine. It's designed to work with a vast range of configurations and includes three adjustment pots that are similar in function to adjusting a carburetor. The included instructions make it a rather simple affair to get things set up for your needs. Just plug it in, make the recommended adjustments and go for a ride to see how it feels. After that, if needed - make the required adjustments and go for another ride. Repeat as such until the engine performs the way you want.
Will this unit work with my 2014 fat bob with screaming eagle intake and pipes?
Yes, this Cobra Fi2000R can absolutely be run on the 2014 Dyna Fat Bob with a Screamin' Eagle intake and aftermarket pipes! The kit can be configured to run on just about any configuration that doesn't involve modifying the combustion chamber or going crazy with the cam profiles. The included instructions do a pretty good job of explaining how to set up the device to work for your specific needs, too. After installing the fuel tuner, there's little more to do than set the three rheostat dials to the suggested baseline, go for a ride and adjust accordingly. Usually, it only takes two or three quick rides that include stop-and-go, cruising at street then highway speeds and full-throttle acceleration to get it set up right.
i have a 2008 rocker Y pipes exhaust with O2 sensors and stock air breather will this cobra stop the backfiring and make the bike perfrom but still work well when i make more upgrades
The Cobra Fi2000R for the Harley Softail Rocker will most likely help for your needs, but one thing you'll certainly want to consider before making any other changes is to be sure that the exhaust you're using doesn't have any air leaks in it. Often, but not always - leaky fittings can be the culprit here. Another area that's highly suspect on Harley-Davidson motorcycles is the air intake. Specifically, the rubber intake gasket can become brittle, especially if a lot of your riding consists of stop-and-go traffic or you live in a southern, hotter climate. The higher engine temperature tend to cook the intake gasket. Have a look at that for a good seal between the manifold and the air cleaner just to be absolutely certain all is well on the intake side.
If, after a good once-over, you still find that your Harley Rocker is backfiring, then it's time to adjust fueling. Cobra's HD Rocker Fi2000R is an excellent tool for addressing this. And, given its simple user interface, you'll be able to set it up to work with your configuration easily. The same goes for future modifications, any changes there will also be easily accommodated via the simple user interface. Plus, the included instructions do an excellent job of explaining exactly how to get the device set up for your specific needs.
How well will this work with a 2015 HD Street glide special, with a Vance and Hines power dual header, with rinehart slip ons and a ss big sucker air cleaner??
So long as you've retained the Street Glide oxygen sensors with the installation of those exhaust components, the fuel controller will serve your needs rather well. It simply compares throttle input against the ECU signals and the air/fuel ratio of the exhaust gases. With that data, it automatically adjusts fuel delivery while you ride in order to give you the best throttle response and engine power output.
I have this controller on a 2012 Fatboy can I put the same controller on a 2012 ultra limited with same motor
Unfortunately, no, while the FLSTF and the FLHTK Electra Glide Ultra Limited do share the same motors, Cobra calls for a different fuel controller to fit either bike. For this reason, you will not be able to use the same controller on both bikes.
Will this work on a 2016 road king?
So long as you wish to continue using the oxygen sensors on your bike, then yes - this is absolutely the correct unit to work on your bike.
Simply choose the 2016 FLHR Road Kit from our fit guide and we'll get the correct fuel controller on its way to you, fast.
Do I need the fi controller for just nh slip on??
While it's not required, if you want to get the best possible engine performance to be had upon the installation of those mufflers, then yes - you'll want want to adjust fueling to suit. The Fi2000R is an excellent match for the NH slip-on mufflers.
Will the fi 2000r fit my Electra glide ultra low??
By: Scott D.
At the moment, Cobra doesn't produce any fuel controllers to fit the FLHTKL. We do, however, have a Vance & Hines FP3 Fuelpak that will fit that machine. It's also quite a bit more simple to install. All you need is an Android or iOS smartphone with the requisite FP3 app, and you've got everything you need to adjust fueling on your bike for any exhaust and/or air cleaner combination.
Will this work on a 2015 iron 883 with the baffles removed from stock pipes and an aftermarket intake?
Yes, this unit would actually work pretty well for your particular needs. You'll have to do a little tweaking via the three adjustment knobs that are on the XL883N tuner, but it's nothing complicated at all. In fact, the included instructions do an excellent job of explaining how to set up the Sportster tuner for your particular needs.
What are the advantages of running a closed loop over an open?
Basically, a closed-loop tuner provides a finer degree of tuning since it relies on the bike's OEM oxygen sensor(s) to provide real-time exhaust gas analysis. In this way, the fuel tuner can adjust mapping instantly in order to deliver the best possible engine power and throttle response as conditions change.
Open-loop systems are to be used only if you have very specific fueling requirements, or, your machine is equipped with an exhaust that doesn't accept oxygen sensors. The open-loop kits allow you additional flexibility in selecting your exhaust.
I'm looking to straight pipe my 2014 Yamaha vstar 950 will this work to fix how off the fuel to air ratio will be?
So long as that straight pipe you're using has a provision for the oxygen sensors, then yes - this is the ideal unit to get your bike's fuel mapping correct. In the instance the pipes you're using do not have a provision for the oxygen sensor, then you'll want to choose the standard Fi2000R instead. The standard unit does not plug into the oxygen sensors, so you can omit them upon installing the V-Star 950 straight pipe exhaust and not have to worry about the V-Star's instruments showing some kind of error.
No matter which Vstar 950 Yamaha Fi2000R you choose, the included instructions do an excellent job of explaining, not only how to install the device, but also how to adjust it to get the most out of your new exhaust arrangement. It's all there and, for such a capable device, it's rather easy to configure for your needs.