In Stock –
Vance & Hines Monster Oval Dual Slip-On Exhaust
Monster Ovals provide more horsepower with a stereo friendly deep rich tone that's perfect for those cross-country tours. Encased in blue proof formed heat shields featuring billet machined end-caps in either chrome or black, Monster Ovals are the future of touring slip-ons and you will love every moment you spend listening to their V-twin melody.
- Large 5-1/2" Oval muffler body
- Full coverage heat shields
- CNC machined end cap
|Baffles Included||Yes, Non-removable|
|Country of Origin||USA|
|Muffler End Cap||Varies (make selection above)|
|Muffler Sleeve||Varies (make selection above)|
Fitment is guaranteed or your money back plus free return shipping. Don't waste time installing a product that doesn't fit. We worked hard ensuring that this product is an exact fit on the vehicles listed below.
- FLHR Road King 1995-2016
- FLHRC Road King Classic 2007-2013
- FLHRCI Road King Classic 1998-2006
- FLHRI Road King 1996-2006
- FLHRS Road King Custom 2004-2007
- FLHRSI Road King Custom 2004-2006
- FLHT Electra Glide Standard 1995-2009
- FLHTC Electra Glide Classic 1995-2005, 2007-2013
- FLHTCI Electra Glide Classic 1996-2006
- FLHTCU TC Ultra Classic Electra Glide Twin-Cooled 2015-2016
- FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide 1995-2016
- FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide 1995-2006
- FLHTCUL Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low 2015-2016
- FLHTCUL TC Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low Twin-Cooled 2015-2016
- FLHTI Electra Glide Standard 2003-2006
- FLHTK Electra Glide Ultra Limited 2010-2016
- FLHTKL Electra Glide Ultra Limited Low 2015-2016
- FLHX Street Glide 2006-2016
- FLHXI Street Glide 2006
- FLHXS Street Glide Special 2014-2016
- FLTCU Ultra Classic Tour Glide 1995
- FLTCUI Ultra Classic Tour Glide 1996
- FLTR Road Glide 1998-2004, 2007-2009
- FLTRI Road Glide 1998-2006
- FLTRU Road Glide Ultra 2011-2013, 2016
- FLTRX Road Glide 2015-2016
- FLTRX Road Glide Custom 2010-2013
- FLTRXS Road Glide Special 2015-2016
Questions & Answers
Remove able baffles
By: Bob h
Vance & Hines Monster Oval dual slip-on mufflers do have baffles, but they are welded into place and are not removable.
do you need to order different mounting brackets
No, there is no need to order a different set of exhaust mounting brackets in order to install the Vance & Hines Monster Oval slip-ons to your machine. A set of brackets along with various other hardware is included with the kit to finish the job. There's also a set of band clamps, nut plates and flange head bolts included in the box. The installation instructions do an excellent job of explaining the entire process, too.
All you'll need is a screw driver, a 5/16 socket wrench, 1/2" and 9/16" wrenches/sockets along with the required socket driver to complete the installation. With those tools, you can complete the installation with one evening in the garage.
does the fuel system need to be remapped with these mufflers?
While re-mapping your bike isn't required, if you want to get most possible benefit out of these, or any other exhaust parts that we sell - you'll want to have fuel delivery updated as well. The bike's ECU is really designed only to compensate for atmospheric conditions on a bike that's completely stock from intake to exhaust. Once you put the exhaust on, you may find that it runs fine at certain power settings, but otherwise stumbles when you give it a big handful from idle or surges at cruising speeds. The only way you'll know is to install the exhaust and see what happens.
To avoid this, we recommend a Vance & Hines FP3 to go along with any Vance & Hines exhaust. The unit only requires a smart phone to configure it upon installation. After that, you'll only need to make changes when you do something like put a new air cleaner on the bike or change the exhaust system. Of course, if you want to eek the most power and the best throttle response out of your bike, you can use the auto-tune feature to help build a custom map for your exact setup. The FP3 smartphone interface for iOS or Android phones is rather easy to use and it makes tuning a snap. We highly recommend this device!