The pipes look and sound great. My Sportster sounds like a Harley now, rather than a Honda. (H-D stock pipes are so weak.) I'm glad I went with these. I freaked out when I first opened the box, because I ordered black and saw chrome, so I stopped unboxing and immediately called customer service. The guy I spoke to was great, and said he gets this a lot because all Vance and Hines are chrome, but the black kit comes with black heat shields... and sure enough I found them under the wrapping once I continued unboxing. Vance & Hines includes (almost!) everything you need in the box, along with instructions that are fairly easy to follow. I only wish they had included exhaust gaskets too -- so don't forget to order those. Also, if your bike has a few years on it, now would be a great time to think about replacing your studs, flange nuts, and snap rings while you're in there. Also, if you're doing a Sportster, try getting your O2 sensors out of the old pipes before you go disassembling everything else, because if you can't get them out, you'll end up waiting a few days for mail order, so you may end up wanting to put the old pipes back on for a few days. Or, if the bike has a few years on it, it may be worthwhile to just order new O2 sensors before starting this project.
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2-into-2 Exhaust System
Big Radius set the standard for a custom look with quality and perfection in style and performance. Not only do you get a quality exhaust system, you get beautifully curved full-coverage heat shields, artistically scalloped end-tips and blue proof show quality chrome. We didn't stop at style and quality, Big Radius produces extra horsepower and torque delivered with a signature hot-rod sound that leaves you begging for more. Big Radius is perfection in style, performance, quality and sound.
- Custom style with quality production
- Radius curved louvered baffles
- Made in the USA
|Baffles Included||Varies (make selection above)|
|CARB Approved||Varies (make selection above)|
|Color||Varies (make selection above)|
|Configuration||2 into 2|
|Country Of Origin||USA|
|Engine Type||Varies (make selection above)|
|Finish||Varies (make selection above)|
|Heat Shields Included||Varies (make selection above)|
Fitment is guaranteed or your money back plus free return shipping.
Don’t waste time installing a product that doesn't fit. We worked hard ensuring that this product is an exact fit on the vehicles listed below.
- FLHR Road King 2009-2021
- FLHRC Road King Classic 2009-2013
- FLHRXS Road King Special 2017-2023
- FLHT Electra Glide Standard 2009
- FLHTC Electra Glide Classic 2009-2013
- FLHTCU Electra Glide Ultra Classic 2017-2019
- FLHTCU TC Ultra Classic Electra Glide Twin-Cooled 2015-2016
- FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide 2009-2016
- FLHTCUL Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low 2015-2016
- FLHTCUL TC Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low Twin-Cooled 2015-2016
- FLHTK Electra Glide Ultra Limited 2010-2023
- FLHTKL Electra Glide Ultra Limited Low 2015-2019
- FLHX Street Glide 2009-2023
- FLHXS Street Glide Special 2014-2023
- FLS Softail Slim 2012-2017
- FLSS Softail Slim S 2016-2017
- FLST Heritage Softail 1986-1990, 2006
- FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic 1987-2017
- FLSTCI Heritage Softail Classic 2001-2006
- FLSTF Softail Fat Boy 1990-2017
- FLSTFB Softail Fat Boy Lo 2010-2016
- FLSTFBS Softail Fat Boy S 2016-2017
- FLSTFI Softail Fat Boy 2001-2006
- FLSTI Heritage Softail 2006
- FLSTN Heritage Softail Nostalgia 1993
- FLSTN Heritage Softail Special 1994-1996
- FLSTN Softail Deluxe 2005-2017
- FLSTNI Softail Deluxe 2005-2006
- FLSTS Heritage Springer Softail 1997-2003
- FLSTSB Softail Cross Bones 2008-2011
- FLSTSC Softail Springer Classic 2005-2007
- FLSTSCI Softail Springer Classic 2005-2006
- FLSTSI Heritage Springer Softail 2001-2003
- FLTR Road Glide 2009
- FLTRU Road Glide Ultra 2011-2013, 2016-2019
- FLTRX Road Glide 2015-2016
- FLTRX Road Glide Custom 2010-2013
- FLTRXS Road Glide Special 2015-2023
- FXD Dyna Super Glide 1995-2005, 2007-2010
- FXDB Dyna Daytona 1992
- FXDB Dyna Street Bob 2007-2017
- FXDB Dyna Sturgis 1991
- FXDBC Dyna Street Bob Limited 2016
- FXDBI Dyna Street Bob 2006
- FXDC Dyna Glide Custom 1992
- FXDC Dyna Super Glide Custom 2005, 2007-2014
- FXDCI Dyna Super Glide Custom 2005-2006
- FXDF Dyna Fat Bob 2008-2017
- FXDI Dyna Super Glide 2004-2006
- FXDI35 35th Anniversary Dyna Super Glide 2006
- FXDL Dyna Low Rider 1993-2005, 2007-2009, 2014-2017
- FXDLI Dyna Low Rider 2004-2006
- FXDLS Dyna Low Rider S 2016-2017
- FXDS-CONV Dyna Convertible 1994-2000
- FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide 1993-2005, 2007-2008, 2010-2017
- FXDWGI Dyna Wide Glide 2004-2006
- FXDX Dyna Super Glide Sport 1999-2005
- FXDXI Dyna Super Glide Sport 2004-2005
- FXDXT Dyna Super Glide T-Sport 2001-2003
- FXS Softail Blackline 2011-2013
- FXSB Softail Breakout 2013-2017
- FXST Softail 1986-1990
- FXST Softail Standard 1999-2007
- FXSTB Softail Night Train 1999-2009
- FXSTBI Softail Night Train 2001-2006
- FXSTC Softail Custom 1986-1999, 2007-2010
- FXSTD Softail Deuce 2000-2007
- FXSTDI Softail Deuce 2001-2006
- FXSTI Softail Standard 2001-2006
- FXSTS Springer Softail 1988-2006
- FXSTSB Softail Bad Boy 1995-1997
- FXSTSI Springer Softail 2001-2006
- XL1200C Sportster 1200 Custom 2014-2019
- XL1200CX Sportster Roadster 2016-2020
- XL1200NS Sportster 1200 Iron 2018-2021
- XL1200T Sportster SuperLow 2014-2018
- XL1200V Sportster Seventy-Two 2014-2016
- XL1200X Sportster Forty-Eight 2014-2022
- XL1200XS Sportster Forty-Eight Special 2018-2019
- XL883L Sportster SuperLow 2014-2019
- XL883N Sportster Iron 883 2014-2022
- XL883R Sportster Roadster 2014-2015
Customer ReviewsWrite Review
I love the exhaust system. Looks and sounds awesome! Big difference.
Easy install! Sharp looking exhaust on my 04 Dyna Super Glide with a great sound!
Love the look and sound if these pipes. Fit perfect.
You won't want any other pipes on your bike after hearing these bad boys. Look amazing, sound amazing!
Highly Recommended For any Harley. Sounds and Looks are amazing. Very easy Install! Make sure you leave all bolts loose till you tighten header for a perfect fit!
Questions & AnswersAsk Question
Do i need to get anything else when i get this exhaust? I have a Fi200R EFI Controller Closed Loop already installed will that work for the tuning? Also does anyone know if i have to move my passenger pegs or any part on the bike to this exhaust installed?
Yes, that tuner would work with this system. The system comes with a relocation bracket for the passenger pegs.
I have a 2021 harley davidson softail slim will I be able to put the this exhaust on my bike and still have the foot pegs for passenger?
From what I can see, you would need to remove passenger pegs in order to get this system to fit properly on that 2021 FLSL.
It would definitely be a good idea to install a tuner such as the FuelPak with this system in order to have the bike running at it's best.
Yes, after you choose your year/make/model, you will see the option to choose what finish you would like. Chrome should be an option that pops up.
You would need to remove the passenger peg in order to allow fitment of this exhaust system on that 2019 FXBB.
After checking with Vance & Hines, they only produce this system in chrome for that 2005 FXDWG and not a black version.
Getting a 2021 Fatboy 114 .
For a full system it would be recommended to have it tuned or install a fuel tuner.
Yes, this system actually comes with the relocation brackets and clearly state in the included installation instructions how to properly install.
My personal opinion is that the Big Radius pipes are louder.
Yes, you can still use the pillion pegs on your machine with this particular exhaust. There's no need to remove the passenger footpegs in order to install this exhaust on the 2008 Fat Boy.
Yes, we always recommend that fuel delivery be updated when installing a new exhaust system, especially if your bike is of a completely stock configuration. For all Vance & Hines exhausts, we recommend a Vance & Hines FP3 Fuelpak to do the job. It's simple to use (really!) and can easily be configured to work with all Vance & Hines exhaust systems, including the Big Radius.
For the exhaust, there's no need to modify the OEM floorboards when installing it on a 2018 Road King.
Yes, all Vance & Hines exhausts that we sell, including the Big Radius, provide enough back pressure for the engine to run correctly. Each system is designed with a set of baffles that are engineered to deliver the correct exhaust flow in all riding conditions.
No, there's no need to move the passenger peg in order to fit this exhaust to the FXLR Low Rider.
So far as we're aware, this exhaust system doesn't interfere with the passenger footrest on the 2018 Fat Boy. You can still use the right-side peg without issue. About the only time we run into issues with this exhaust/bike combination is if you're using saddlebags on the bike. The exhaust us too big to work with saddlebags. Other than that, the pipes fit perfectly!
Changing the air filter is not a requirement but will help benefit the motorcycle when paired with the appropriate jet kit or fuel tuner for maximum performance from your motorcycle and this new freer flowing exhaust system.
The bracket is not included. It allows use of OEM saddlebags on 2018-2019 Harley Sport Glide Heritage Classic Softail when using Vance and Hines full exhaust systems. You can find that bracket in our store by searching "Vance & Hines Saddlebag Support Bracket" in our store search bar.
Sure will, just be sure to choose a 2018 FXBRS Softail Breakout 114 from the dropdown menu and we will get them on their way.
Removing the baffles isn't particularly hard, especially with the exhaust is brand new. They're both secured with screws, so it only takes a few minutes to pull them out. That story, however, changes pretty quickly once you've put a few miles on the exhaust as the dissimilar metals between the baffles's screws and the muffler bodies tends to weld the two parts together over time. SO! To prevent that from becoming a problem, when you first go to mount this exhaust, take a few minutes to pull the baffles' screws out and put some anti-seize on the threads. This way, should you decide sometime in the future that you want to remove the baffles, the screws won't be welded into the mufflers. So long as you take that simple step, you won't have any problems removing the baffles later on.
All Vance & Hines exhaust components are shipped with a complete set of easy-to-follow instructions and all required mounting hardware. In some cases, you may need to re-use some of the OEM exhaust mounting brackets and/or hardware. So long as you have the stock exhaust on your bike, or at least, all of the stock exhaust components available to you, there will be no problem fitting this exhaust to your bike.
For the 2007 FLHTCH, this exhaust does indeed have a provision for installing the OEM oxygen sensors. As for the baffles, they are indeed removable. Each baffle is secured in place with a single screw.
Yes, we do have a chrome Big Radius full exhaust system for the 2012 FLSTFB. Just choose your bike from the fit guide and select a chrome finish to get the Softail exhaust that you want.
Any time you add an exhaust to your bike you should certainly tune it if you expect to get the most possible power out of the new Harley exhaust system. Otherwise, depending on the state of tune of your machine, yes - it may turn out that you lose power and torque at various power settings over the bike's rev range. To mitigate these problems, we recommend a Vance & Hines FP3 tuner if your bike is fuel-injected. If your bike has a carburetor, check out the Dynojet Carburetor Jet Kit. Both of these tools will allow you to get the best possible engine power and throttle response, all in one kit. Both items come with easy-to-follow instructions that clearly explain how to get the most power out of your bike.
Yes, the Vance & Hines 2-into-2 exhaust indeed will fit the 2007 Sportster 1200 Custom! Simply select your make, model (XL1200C Sportster 1200 Custom) and year from our drop down fit guide that's to the right of the main image on our website and we'll get the correct exhaust on its way to you, fast.
So long as the Super Radius exhaust uses the stock header circlips and flanges, you won't need to make any modifications to your machine as it's currently configured in order to install the Big Radius exhaust. You'll just need to re-use those parts and also, the nuts that secure the headers to the cylinder headers when installing the Vance & Hines Big Radius exhaust. The exhaust itself is compatible on machines equipped with either, forward or mid-controls and everything you need is included in the box.
Yes, all required mounting hardware is included with the Vance & Hines Big Radius exhaust. Mind you, some of the OEM exhaust hardware may need to be re-used in order to complete the installation. So long as you have the stock exhaust on your bike, you should have no problem putting this on as there are no special fabrications required to make it fit properly. Everything you need is included in the box.
Yes, the Vance & Hines Big Radius exhaust for the 20114 Harley Street Glide does come with oxygen sensor ports. Simply remove those oxygen sensors from the stock exhaust and re-install them on the new Vance & Hines exhaust system.
Vance & Hines Big Radius exhausts for Harley-Davidson motorcycles have a 1-3/4" header diameter.